Thursday, July 4, 2013

Day 16 Hardin, MT to Sheridan, WY 85mi


We started Cycling along the Little Big Horn river.  Very pretty and very historic.  The day began to heat up and the clear, bubbling water started to look very inviting.
Then as a headwind came up, my progress slowed considerably.
I hit a low and stopped  at one of the bridges which crossed over the river to feel sorry for myself.
Two of our rider gals came along and stopped with me, then we rode a line together against the wind which helped a lot, (thanks Olivia and Melanie!).
At lunch my bike fell over the log I parked it against, and soon after starting out again, my derailed tried to eat my spokes up.  Luckily it was only a bent derailed hanger which our mechanic, Tom, easily fixed within ten minutes.  Yea for Tom!!
In the afternoon, i found the sun very hot and had trouble with getting overheated.  I guess my body just isn't used to being out in the hot sun they have here further south of where I live (Northwestern Washington).
We all finished early in the afternoon, and everyone felt tired from this ride today-not sure why.  But we were also HUNGRY.
We called a cab and went into downtown Sheridan to eat at a local restaurant that had really good food.  Yum.
I had a margarita, salad bar and pizza.   We ate and ate and ate, then spent a relaxed evening at the KOA.
The Little Big Horn River.  It wound it's way across our path many times.

A new state!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment