Saturday, July 6, 2013

Day 18 Gillette to Newcastle WY - 76mi


Today started flat & fast.I was at 50 mi by 9:30 am.  There were some ridges after that and my climbing muscles were still tired from yesterday.  So I took it slow and easy- enjoyed watching the wind blow the grasses (there are many different kinds).
During the last 4 mi my seat was hurting badly-hard to sit, so mostly pedaled in standing up.  The senior center where we are staying is nice, but the showers were scalding hot!  Charlton (our ride director) ordered pizza delivered tonight and we also enjoyed salads and a special dessert for the 4th of July.  Very nice.  I hope to stay up long enough to see the towns fireworks at 9:00!
Sharkbait celebrating the 4th


A nice little rest area in the ponderosa pines.

Me

More Wyoming scenery

Some of the many neat grasses.

No comments:

Post a Comment