Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Day 20 Rapid City - rest day

I really like Rapid City!  What an interesting city.  Spent the usual time catching up on laundry and even a little sleep, packed up some cold weather clothes/gear no longer needed to be sent home via mail.  Went to church, then rode up to Best Buy to get a better camera that will be easier to use and hopefully will take better pics.  After that I met laura downtown and had dinner at Murphys.  Yesterday we visited the Dublin bar & Grill.  There must be a few Irish in this town!  I rode back to the dorms we were staying at and noticed some lightning to the south.  So I went up a hill behind the dorm.  A small trail led up to a tiny observatory.  As I walked up the hill, a big doe came over the crest, walked by me, and went to lay down on the slope.  She stayed there the whole time I was on the hill.  There was a good view of some of Rapid City from there, and I watched the lightning show and some firework shows continuing to celebrate the 4th.  All in all a really neat rest day.
Our server at Murphy's

1 comment:

  1. Am I the only one who is just amazed that Martha rides to Best Buy, or rides anywhere in town after a day's ride on this cross country trip???

    ReplyDelete