Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Day 21 Rapid City to Kadoka SD - 102mi

Another century ride down!  We left Rapid City through some gently rolling farmland, then entered an area that really reminded me of scenes from Dances with Wolves.  I kept expecting Kevin Costner t come riding over a hill.  The landscape opened up, and we started riding through the badlands.  I had no idea how expansive this area is, much more than the National Park.  We rode through a huge green valley of National Grassland that was completely surrounded by the badland formations.  After riding through the park the wind picked up quite a bit, and we had to turn right into it to get to Kadoka.  I ended up having to ride 20mi against a raging headwind and hills to boot.  I was exhausted when I finally finished.
Tatonka country

Was that Kevin?

entrance to the badlands

Other signs warned about prairie dogs having plague!





The gal who took my picture told me to give it some 'tude.

No comments:

Post a Comment