Friday, July 19, 2013

Day 33 Madison, WI to Belvidere, IL - 94mi

It really felt good to be on the move again.  I started out early today, since we had 94mi to go and there were heat warnings out for the day.  It did get warm, but a stiff SW breeze helped make it seem a bit cooler.  Even though,  I did feel like I was getting sunstroke or something towards the end of the ride, so I took a 10min break in the shade 8mi out from the end and it seemed to help.  I was able to manage the last few miles after that.  Towards the end of the ride, the "breeze" became a fight, robbing me of speed.  Blah.  We are staying the night at a campground east of Rockford, IL.  We ate at a bar/grill across the street.  Food was mediocre, but acceptable, and it was kinda fun.  Soon after dinner a small storm blew up and soaked everything.  Not much thunder.  I am hoping a more intense storm will come through tonight.  Storms are entertaining, and they would help cool things off!

more wildflowers!

Country roads..take me home, to a place I.................oh wait...Countrree roads, take me to Deee Ceee.........

OH NO!!!!
Must have taken a wrong turn.
Now I have to start all over?
(Whatcom county people will understand)

The Rock Bottom Bar and Grill.....for dinner and drinks.


wet camp

No comments:

Post a Comment